vrijdag 20 april 2007

How does it effect you?



Kendra,
How are you?
After what happened in Virginia last week?
Beyond words.
Is there a lot of discussion going on on your school?
In class?
How does it effect you?
Hope all well in Minnesota!
Bert.



Bert,
High school will never be the same at Prior Lake High School after this week.
Having as many cops there today as we did, I don't think we will ever go back into the way we were before.
Hearing your acting principles voice over the intercom saying teachers please check your email before the end of this hour, the message is urgent.
I wanna know what is urgent. What is so important? What is it?

I don't know what I should think of all this, I don't wanna be a person who lives in fear, but I don't wanna be a person who is unprepared either.
People have threatened more violence, what is rumored to be all race/racism based.
I believe it.
We're a diverse school but many don't realize that and understand it.
I just don't know.
After yesterday of what everyone told me I missed, coming back today was even harder because I wasn't there the day before, prepared for what could happen.
I don't know how to explain the changes that I can feel in the air of my school, I just can't.
You've gotta walk the hallways, gotta feel it.
You can seriously see the terror and fear in peoples eyes, and it has already gotten so deep people I know didn't even bother going today and don't plan going again until everything is under control.

I don't even know if what I'm saying is what I feel.
I'm just... not all here.
Not much discussion about it in school.
Kendra.

Geen opmerkingen: